West Metro Community Choir
We hold auditions by appointment prior to each season’s start of rehearsal.
- Tuesdays in September and January
- 5:00 to 7:00 pm
- Mizpah United Church of Christ
- 412 5th Ave N, Hopkins, MN 55343
- Auditions are by appointment, so please call (952) 476-1922 or contact our Membership Chair to schedule YOUR time!
The Minnetonka Choral Society (MCS) began in 1957 as a loose association of choirs to sing Handel’s Messiah. In 1969, we reorganized under the direction of Jim Dau, who retired in 1989 after 20 years of leading our community choir. The baton was passed to Peter Hendrickson, and since 1991 has been held by Music Director Jere Lantz. Since our inception we have become known for our high level of artistry and breadth of repertoire.
We are a nonprofit organization, supported exclusively from the funds raised by our members and by choir concert ticket sales. We currently have about 80 members. We rehearse for about six months and perform two choir concerts each year. In December we sing a holiday concert and in April or May we offer our spring concert for the Twin Cities community. Our concerts are frequently performed with a paid professional orchestra. Our soloists are either paid professionals or MCS members.
- Would you like to join us? Auditions are in the fall and spring.
- Would you like to support us? Donations are welcome at any time.
- Would you like to hear us sing? Tickets are on sale now!
If you would like to support our non-profit organization or purchase concert tickets, please click on the Donate button below or contact us. We look forward to sharing beautiful music with you!
Music, at its essence, is what gives us memories. And the longer a song has existed in our lives, the more memories we have of it. ~ Stevie Wonder
Choir managed by Singers
We are a non-profit organization managed by choir members. Our current Board of Directors member/singers are:
- President: Cyndy Clark
- Vice President: Manuel Barrera
- Secretary: Rachel Hemke
- Treasurer: Chris Jones
- Fundraising: Linda Eckman
- Publicity: Heather White
- Ticket Sales: Kirsten Pardoe
- Membership: Christi Siegel
- Member At-Large: Susan Hickey
- Member At-Large: Joan Madden
Choral Variety ~ Joyous Musicality
Performing with a wide variety of instrumental complements, though primarily with orchestra, our community choir has presented programs that span four centuries of musical creativity and the four corners of the globe. Here is a sampling of our choir concert offerings:
- Spring 2019: Back to Broadway
- Holiday 2018: The Messiah
- Spring 2018: Lift Every Voice and Sing: Remembering Reverend Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
- Holiday 2017 – Christmas on Stage and in Song
- Spring 2017 – Springtime is Love
- Holiday 2016 – Joyous Noel
- Spring 2016 – Just Plain Folk
- Holiday 2015 – Sounds of a Downton Abbey Christmas
- Spring 2015 – Crown & Paradise
- Holiday 2014 – Carols: Across the Centuries
- Spring 2014 – Ticket to Broadway
- Holiday 2013 – Our Favorite Carols
- Spring 2013 – Mozart Among Friends
- Holiday 2012 – A Carol Every Christmas
- Spring 2012 – The World Beloved: A Bluegrass Mass
- Holiday 2011 – A Guitar Christmas
- Spring 2011 – Vibrant Voices Brilliant Brass: Composers across five centuries performed with brass and percussion
- Holiday 2010 – Vaughan Williams Hodie and Christmas carols from around the globe
- Spring 2010 – Masterworks of the Romantic Era: Antonin Dvorak’s Te Deum, Brahms’s Nenia, Faure’s Requiem
- Holiday 2009 – A Ceremony of Carols by Benjamin Britten with carols from across the centuries and around the world.
- Spring 2009 – That Was Then, This is Now by Kevin Dobbe along with choral masterpieces spanning five centuries.
Minnetonka Choral Society
If you would like to join us, support our non-profit organization or buy concert tickets, please call 952-476-1922 or contact the MCS. We look forward to sharing beautiful music with you!
Friends of MCS
Tickets purchased online will be available at the Will Call desk on the day of the concert. The facility is fully handicap accessible.
Sponsorship will be recognized online and in the Concert Program.